lifestyle

Launching a Youtube Channel

February 06, 2017 Unknown 3 Comments




Currently, I've been occupied with a couple of projects. The first and most important is something my best friend (@unservile_fashionist)  and I have been working on for a year.  We're launching a Youtube channel. Exciting, right? I told you you were going to be happy when you found out why I was away. 

This channel has been a year long  dream that has finally come to reality. The channel is more or less an extension of our blogs. Check her blog out: Miralabelle. Our content for the channel is going to range from fashion, to lifestyle, events, Do It Yourself posts and beauty hacks. 

The journey to achieving this first post was a gruelling experience. Almost everything went wrong at some point and it began to look like the channel wouldn't be a reality.

At this point, I was getting upset so easily and a lot of things and people were irritating me. There were times when I just wanted to slap the hell out of someone because of frustration. lol. Thank God that didn't happen. Then it looked like the storm had passed when we started shooting only for 80% footage of a complete look book to disappear. This made us reshoot and a part of me was thankful because I think the results were better. The channel is a success and I'm thankful. I'm still really nervous about the whole thing but worrying wouldn't solve anything. Now would it? So my advise to you is:

1. Take up that thing youvevalways wanted to do.

2. Refuse to recognize limitations. They only exist to serve as a spring board for your promotion.

3. Try as much as possible not to compare yourself with anyone. 

4. Work with a budget and learn to do things by yourself. We had a dudget of 5000 naira and spent slightly lesser than that. I made the lights.Although they weren't used in this video.

5. Finally, strive to improve on yourself. The goal is to be better with each passing day. 

You can check the channel out here. We have a 100 subscribes as our target. So please watch, like, subscribe and share. 




You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I love the fact that you guys are so real and Ijenna is in my school too. Nice. Lol.
    So I don't know if it's my phone but the translation(subtitle) doesn't follow the audio. And Seyi, my middle "name" namesake...kindly follow back on IG @beccayaro. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I love the fact that you guys are so real and Ijenna is in my school too. Nice. Lol.
    So I don't know if it's my phone but the translation(subtitle) doesn't follow the audio. And Seyi, my middle "name" namesake...kindly follow back on IG @beccayaro. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats dear. Good for you ( and your friend) for persevering and seeing your dreams come to pass.

    www.sisterbisi.com

    ReplyDelete

YOUR VIEWS MATTER : )