fashion,

My Wardrobe: Denim and Floral Swirl

November 14, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments




*clears cobwebs*
Long time no blog...As usual. I could roll off my tongue a hundred reasons why I haven't updated my blog but let's face it, there's really nothing like having no time. So forgive me? Pretty please?

I just concluded my NYSC and as you all know, the experience was amazing till the very end with the help of God and the equally amazing people He made me meet. I got to do the things I love: traveling, trying new things, meeting new people, taking risks and the list goes on. I'm back now and can't wait to establish a day-to-day routine. This is something I'm in dire of otherwise I'll spend most of my time eating and sleeping. 

Down to the outfit
Denim and floral prints are a staple in any female wardrobe, Yes? Reason being that both items are effortlessly chic. Like you don't even have to try too hard. Imagine this: a chiffon blouse and a pair of jeans; a denim dress or jacket or shirt- definitely chic; a maxi floral dress, a short pleated floral skirt, etc. All of these would look amazing without putting in too much effort. 


Another fun fact is that there are no rules in style. Especially when it comes to personal style. You can play around and have fun with the prints and texture of clothes- no one's judging.

I went with an oversized denim shirt and winter floral dress worn as a skirt. I like the gray base of the material and how the yellow flowers make the outfit pop. It's a fall floral print with all the "upbeatness" of a summer floral print. This is because of the yellow flowers. For my shoes, I went with a pair of gladiators. You know, to make a much needed fashion statement. 








The thing is, most times, just trying a little is all you need. Take this outfit for instance. Individually, both items seem rather bland but after putting them together, BOOM. 

Tips To Go:
~ Make a statement. Try rocking contrasting colours with this trend. For instance, a denim jacket and a red dress. 

~ Go buck-wild crazy with your creativity. Is not about the clothes it's about carriage and confidence. Rihanna could wear a bean sack, that's if she hasn't already, and still look red carpet ready in it. 

~ if you're going to go all out with your outfit, keep the accesories minimal. Draw the attention of your audience (it's a stage baby) to the right place. 


Outfit Particulars 
Shirt|| EBG Jeans 
Dress|| Trixxi
Sandals|| Gafa Sandals 

Your Views Matter 
What are your thoughts on this look? Would you wear denim with a floral print dress? You're free to add your tips. I'm a sucker for learning.  And how have you been? I've missed you. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments:

YOUR VIEWS MATTER : )