Candid Talk,

Todays Outfit: My Hand Knitted Lace Dress With Mecury Lining

August 10, 2015 Unknown 2 Comments


Lace has a certain elegance, poise and finesse attached to it. I for one, am a huge fan of lace.   Lace has this sort of effortlessness and ease. When I was buying the material to make this dress,   the lady who sold it to me insisted that I buy it but I was a bit skeptical. reason being that this was   going to be my graduation dress and it had to be perfect because you never have a first degree   graduation twice so every detail has to be sublime. I only came to love the dress when it was done.  The mercury lining didn't do bad too. The material was totally worth the price at the end. 
 ¨If you’re going to dress up for a once in a lifetime event, dress like your like your life  
depends on it¨  
-Adenowo Seyi  
  
This post was supposed to be about me ranting about the beauty of lace, how much I love it and how to style it but as the shoot was going on I was too preoccupied with securing  the balloons I got. They just kept floating away. Then I started thinking. The balloons kind of  inspired me. I was so busy  trying to stop the balloons from floating forgetting that they’re filled with   air and would float whether I like it or not. It reminded me of life and society. The  sui generis (unique) are often restricted by society and condition. Humans are meant to be free but the  world is so conformed to a certain way of thinking that when one person deviates he’s tagged  weird, strange, odd, the list goes on. If you have a thought pattern that ‘some’ people think is strange and you're sure, you're not misguided, just be like my balloons:  Be a completely unapologetic   you . No one is going to flog you. You have my word.  







Outfit Detts 
Dress|| Complete Wears Fashion 
Shoes|| SDS 
Hat|| Tommy Hilfiger 
Accessories|| Forever 21, Divas 

I would love to know, Would you try this outfit? What do you thing about the write up? Don't hesitate to place your comments if you would love to add anything.   

Photo Credits: Adenowo Oluwatosin 

You can make affordable dresses like mine at Complete Wears Fashion. They make the most beautiful outfits for both men and women. Contact: 08033189171 




You Might Also Like

2 comments:

YOUR VIEWS MATTER : )