African designer,

African Designer Muse: Sisiano Paolo

January 27, 2016 Unknown 2 Comments

African fashion or better still African style is versatile. It is an art in  itself. It is magical . It is mysterious. It speaks to you in a way that no other cultural style does. It tells stories. The cuts, the textile, the patterns all tell a a certain story so rich in history. African colors are big and bold like the continent and it's people. The colors excite the brain and leave you wondering. AFRICAN FASHION IS.

Remember when I introduced this segment on the blog last year, I’m not stopping. In fact, I decided to add a bunch of other categories to it. I mean, I muse not only about African designers, I muse about other things. so, I’m going to let you in on those things as time passes.
My fashion and beauty drive for this year is by Sisiano.
"The female body is beautiful. paint all over it". I feel it would only be noteworthy to give honor to who honor is due. That’s why today on the blog, I would be writing about SISIANO PAOLO: The creative director of the brand SISIANO.



This Nigerian based designer has changed the face of fashion. his work got it's break at the Lagos fashion and design week 2013  and gained immediate recognition. Not everyone recognize this guy for his fashion. It shouldn't surprise you to know that Sisiano is known for being a talented dancer. Wonderful! hands and feet made to create magic. He is the creative director at Sisiano and has his designs featured on a number of notable fashion shows and retail outlets. He gives credit for his sense of fashion to his mother.


MS. GREEN
THE BEGINNING
According to the brand, this collection is a gift to the modern woman: the modern woman that is sophisticated and stylish in her approach to fashion. Each design in this collection seems to be designed to fit  diverse personalities.








MIDNIGHT FANTASY
Making every woman's fantasy come alive. No matter who she is, she deserve her fairy-tale moment.
The female body is beautiful. paint all over it.








VIVIANNE
A blast from the past. The Victorian era to be precise. A representation of the soft but powerful side of a woman. This collection tells the stories of the past in the present. I’m a very visual person. This collection .caught my eyes because of it's colors and patterns.




LIPSTICK SMUDGE
Getting a woman in touch with her flirtatious feminine side. The designs in the collection are characterized by bold colors representing a confident  woman. The fringe details in this collection are everything.








FIRST DATE







From what I've seen in Sisiano’s designs, all the does is to basically enhance the woman peculiarity focusing on her best features. The use of sheers, chiffon and fringes is very common in his work. My thought is, he’s trying to bring out the soft, confident, sexy, flirtatious side of the woman not putting everything out there. His designs leave something to the imagination which i feel is a beautiful concept.

You should check out his Instagram page (@sisiano). There's this new collection coming. Birds At War. I'm sure you would love it.

YOUR VIEWS MATTER
Whats your take on his designs? I love his style but I don't want to be totally blinded by bias so I'm putting it out there. Sisano Paolo, Yah or Nay?












You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure everyone loves him! I particularly love his designs with loose silhouettes. They make feel effortlessly elegant just by looking at them!

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SURE THEY DO TOO. HIS DESIGNS ARE SLYLISH, SOPHISTICATED AND EDGY. EPIC STUFF.

      Delete

YOUR VIEWS MATTER : )